A special Memorandum of Cooperation for development of hospitality sector in Uzbekistan has been signed between the State Committee for Tourism Development in Uzbekistan, the Association of Hoteliers of Uzbekistan and ATECA Holding managed by hotel experts from the United Arab Emirates.
Making the announcement H.E. Aziz A. Abdukhakimov, Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Chairman of the State Committee for Tourism Development, stated, “Today, the hotel business in Uzbekistan is successfully gaining momentum growing by 15-20% annually. However, while the current situation has exposed many challenges of the hotel industry, it has also helped to determine further ways of its development. We believe the solution to overcome the crisis is to cooperate with international experts primarily those from the UAE hotel industry.”
Within the framework of cooperation, it is planned to implement joint projects aimed at developing the hotel business in Uzbekistan as well as improving the quality of services and management standards.
Taking into account the extensive international experience of the Chairman of ATECA Holding, Mr. Michel Noblet, and his team of experts including Mr. Karimov Kamoladdin, Chief Executive Officer of the company, the main areas identified for this trilateral cooperation are the following:
- Introduction of modern technologies and integrated management systems for accommodation facilities.
- Improving the classification system and specifications of hotels in accordance with international standards, including at the planning stage of structures.
- Promotion of investment opportunities of the hotel sector of Uzbekistan abroad including the UAE and attraction of international hotel chains to the country.
- Conducting special trainings and events to improve the skills of the hotel industry specialists.
- Introduction of innovative technological solutions that support digital transformation in this area.
An important direction in the cooperation of the parties will be advisory assistance and guidance to the hotel industry in Uzbekistan in adapting to the new realities of the tourism industry after the pandemic and new safety requirements for tourist accommodations taking into account international, especially the UAE, best practices.
ATECA Holding has outlined a series of strategic and innovative post COVID-19 initiatives defined around the recovery of the hospitality and tourism industry in Uzbekistan.
Mr. Noblet, stated, “We are proud to collaborate with the State Committee for Tourism Development in Uzbekistan and Association of Hoteliers of Uzbekistan. Although the hotels are the hardest hit by the pandemic, it is important for the industry to prepare for the rebound in travel. With a resilient economy and strong tourism potential, Uzbekistan is well placed to achieve its objectives once the crisis begins to abate and at ATECA we are committed to work hand in hand with the local authorities to develop world-class systems and solutions.”