Dubai, United Arab Emirates – The UAE’s leading business solutions provider Transguard Group announced today that it has been awarded the CSR Label by Dubai Chamber. Widely considered to be one of the highest levels of recognition for Corporate Social Responsibility in the region, the CSR Label is presented to companies with outstanding performance across several specific areas, including the environment, community, workplace and marketplace.
“Transguard is committed to providing best-in-class service to our clients while serving the greater good, both within our own company and employees, as well as within the larger community of the UAE,” said Greg Ward, Managing Director, Transguard Group. ““We’ve come a long way since beginning our CSR journey, and earning the CSR Label from Dubai Chamber is a gratifying milestone.”
In its comprehensive assessment, Dubai Chamber specifically cited Transguard’s employee welfare, training and development, as well as its customer focus, responsible supplier relationship practices, customer data protection and its energy saving initiatives, among others, as key strengths that led to the award decision. This was the first time the business solutions provider has applied for the award.
Transguard’s FY 2019/2020 CSR-related achievements included:
- Growing the established, robust culture of employee engagement, both in HQ and at site, which is reflected in Voice of the Employee surveys and encouraged in workplace and residential feedback, biannual talent reviews and succession planning, career frameworks, extensive training programmes at Transguard’s Centre of Excellence and more.
- Transguard’s welfare and recreation teams who are dedicated to ensuring the wellbeing and happiness of all employees
- Saving 42 million IG of water and a 17% reduction of water usage
- Investments of nearly AED 6 million in high efficiency materials, including 800 CFC-free refrigerant air conditioning units, more than 1970 LED lights and thousands of water-efficient plumbing features
- Responsible waste management practices that have so far resulted in diverting more than 20% of our waste from the landfill
- A paperless initiative that saved nearly 2 million sheets of paper
- A vibrant culture of volunteering for community events
- Planting more than 60 trees in our accommodations
“The CSR Label presents a wonderful opportunity to showcase the efforts of the entire company,” added Lena ter Laare, Director - Marketing and CSR. “It allows us to actively demonstrate how we conduct business in an environment that preserves the wellbeing of our people and the natural world around us, how we reduce waste while creating and strengthening sustainable partnerships, and how Transguard is making a measurable, positive impact on the community.”